What personal information do we collect
When you access and move around Mii-VAULT, register an Account with Mii-VAULT or otherwise use Mii-VAULT, we may collect some or all of the following personal data about you:
- a username and password;
- your name;
- email address;
- date of birth if signing up by Facebook;
- content associated with you;
- any correspondence with and from Mii-VAULT;
- your preferences about receiving communications from Mii-VAULT and/or others;
- information about your use of Mii-VAULT;
- information about where you use Mii-VAULT, e.g. your IP address and country;
- details we may ask you to submit to verify your identity
How do we use your personal information
As of 25th May 2018, the new laws governing data protection comes into force for all European Union countries, named GDPR Regulations 2018 (“GDPR”). Mii-VAULT is committed to this and adheres to the new laws. You agree to be contacted by Mii-VAULT unless you specifically opt out of receiving material from us via your account settings page.
Your personal data will be collected, processed, stored and used by us, and passed to and processed by our subsidiary and/or affiliated companies and other data processors acting under contract with us:
- to provide Mii-VAULT to you;
- to tailor aspects of your experience of Mii-VAULT;
- to associate your Account and your User Content with you;
- to provide customer support;
- to contact you by email and mobile communication (such as text (SMS) and “push” notification);
- for customer satisfaction and customer experience improvement purposes;
- in connection with the prevention and detection of fraud and other crime;
- to analyse any reported specific concerns relating to banned material;
- to aid Mii-VAULT in statistical information for reports, promotion material or to support any funding application.
We may automatically collect anonymous information about your use of Mii-VAULT. For example, we may automatically log which parts of Mii-VAULT you access, which web browser you deploy and the website from which you linked to Mii-VAULT. You cannot be identified from any of this information. It enables us to compile statistics about the use of Mii-VAULT, and to help target aspects of Mii-VAULT to you more accurately.
Disclosing your personal data
We will not disclose any of your personal data without your permission unless:
- we are legally entitled to do so (for example, pursuant to a court order or for the purposes of prevention or detection of crime or fraud);
- we are in negotiations with a third party for the sale or purchase of any of Mii-VAULT’s business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- Mii-VAULT, or substantially all of its assets, is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Mii-VAULT about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or to enforce or apply the terms and conditions and other agreements to which you are party, or to protect our rights, property, safety, customers, or others.
- If you are one of our promotion winners, we may be required to pass your personal information onto a third-party to fulfil the prize, for example a hotel, flight company, or a supplier of an item for delivery purposes. This list is not exhaustive and can vary on the nature of the prize.
Emails we may send to you fall into three categories:
- Emails (we call them newsletters) which provide you with information about things that we think may interest you or Users generally. You can notify us of your preferences concerning our newsletters here: www.mii-vault.com.
- Emails providing you with information about third parties’ offers, products and services; in order to receive these “Third Party Messages” you must actively opt to do so. Should you wish to, you can opt out of receiving Third Party Messages here: www.mii-vault.com.
- The emails that we send concerning activity on your Mii-VAULT Account (“Service Messages”), specifically:
- To notify of important information concerning the Mii-VAULT service (such as to notify you of maintenance which is to take place)
- Surveys to capture feedback on your use of Mii-VAULT
- Surveys to capture feedback on contact with our customer service team
- To remind you that you have an Account
- Language specific emails for marketing purposes.
The Mii-VAULT website does not utilise any cookies.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998, and GDPR, gives you the right to access personal data held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the personal information we hold about you.
Links to third party sites
The Mii-VAULT site may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those websites or their policies.
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to guard against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data. While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures we implement reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
We have security measures in place to protect our database of Users and access to this database is restricted internally. However, note that it remains each User’s responsibility:
- to ensure no-one else uses Mii-VAULT through their Account;
- to log off or exit from your Mii-VAULT Account when not using it;
- to keep their password or other access information secret.
We will never ask you to confirm the details of your Account or payment method by email or mobile communication. If you receive such contact, please do not respond to it.
Updates to this policy